We must have let the rest of the White House staff go on “Winter Holiday Break” early too, because as of this morning, still no transcript from yesterday’s presser.
Although there was this posted yesterday on the Big White site: DECLARACIONES DEL PRESIDENTE SOBRE CAMBIOS EN LA POLÍTICA CON CUBA. No English translation though because, as I just explained, a lot of people are already on holiday. I ran it through my special language pack however and it appears to be addressed to newly landed formerly illegal aliens. It explains how to get a Social Security number, a drivers license, food stamps, unemployment and ObamaCare. It also explains that first you have to join the Democratic Party and register to vote.
So you’ll just have to rely on my synopsis of yesterday’s all-female, all print media presser, as I’m sure you were too busy to bother with it.
- Sony "made a mistake" in deciding to cancel the release of their (satirical) film about North Korea, The Interview. Saying “I wish they had spoken to me first. I would've told them ‘do not get into a pattern in which you're intimidated by these kinds of criminal attacks.’” And let me be clear, this is completely different from films like “The Innocence of Muslims” - that was responsible for the Benghazi massacre. Now THAT film, we approved of getting pulled from YouTube. And clearly the film maker deserved to be thrown in jail.
- We will respond to North Korea’s hacking “proportionally.” Chuck Krauthammer says that means we’ll launch a cyber attack against NoKo’s infrastructure and bring their 3-car trolley system to a halt.
- Q: “Big Guy, you won 2 historic national elections and managed to lose both houses of Congress. What are you going to do next?” A: “I’m going to visit Cuba! The Disneyland of Communist Utopias.”
- Race relations are better now than they were before Big Guy took office. Hopefully he’ll pass that news on to Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, who don’t seem to have gotten the memo.
- People have a tendency to “hype” the benefits to the US economy of the Keystone Pipeline; butt Big Guy’s going to make damn sure it doesn’t add to world-wide climate change before he approves it, i.e. it will be a cold day in Hell. Because we’d rather rely on Saudi Arabia, Russia and Venezuela for our energy. And because hauling crude via (Warren Buffet’s) railcars is way more eco-friendly.
And finally, justifying his new, unilateral (remember when that used to be a bad thing?) Cuba policy, Barry told us:
“If you’ve done the same thing for 50 years and nothing’s changed you should try something different if you want a different outcome.”
Maybe he should send the same message to his own party, because after 50 years and trillions of dollars, the results of the Great Society’s War on Poverty are less than spectacular:
When President Lyndon Johnson announced his ‘Great Society’ plan to use the federal government to declare war on poverty in 1964, the poverty rate was around 14.7%. In 2012 the poverty rate was nearly unchanged at 15% (although today’s poor are materially better off than in 1964).
So after nearly 50 years and 20 TRILLION dollars spent in Johnson’s ‘Great Society’ war on poverty, the poverty rate has remained virtually unchanged while the illegitimacy rate in the black community has skyrocketed from 25% to over 70%.
It took the people enslaved by the Soviet Union some 70 years to break their chains of the tyranny of communism with the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
We are 50 years and counting with the failed policies of big government liberalism as it pertains to poverty in general and the destructive dynamics in the black community in particular.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
The country is way past due for a course change.
Of course all that could change, since Big Guy’s not done yet. He’s still got 2 years, his pen and a phone.
Butt hey, listen to me getting all political on the Saturday before Christmas!
It’s the “holiday” season! We’ve landed in Hawaii, and it’s time to kick back for a couple of weeks! Let the partying begin!
We, too, will be taking a bit of a respite during the holidays: posts will be brief and recipes and adorable baby/ animal photos will always be welcome.
Now get out there with the millions of other Americans who forgot to do their shopping online and finish up your Christmas shopping. Only 4 more days!