In with the new:
And that goes for school lunches too. (topic H/T Blonde Gator)
Out: kale tacos, mystery fish and tofu anything
In: all American burgers, fries
…and gravy! On everything!
So as we go about our annual MOTI Heritage Thanksgiving Recipe Xchange™ please remember to include any recipes you feel would be especially useful for inclusion in The Donald’s new and improved MAGA school lunch program. Only rules: no kale, tofu, chia seeds or any other “superfood” (that’s right, I’m talking about you beets).
So post away; vintage recipes especially encouraged
although new and delicious are also welcome. My contribution falls under the later category and includes an ingredient that has been trendy since it’s discovery: bacon.
Bacon Bombs – from Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes
- 2 cans (7.5 oz. each) refrigerated biscuits
- 4 oz. Mozzarella cheese, cut into 20 cubes
- 8 slices Wright® Brand Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Pizza sauce, for dipping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Separate biscuits. Place one cube of cheese in the center of each biscuit. Top with a heaping teaspoon of bacon. Carefully wrap the biscuit dough around the cheese and bacon and seal. Place seam side down about an inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
3. While the biscuits bake, mix the butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder together and set aside.
4. Remove the biscuits from the oven and immediately brush with butter mixture. Serve warm with pizza sauce, if desired.
Can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks.
Okay, get to work. We’ve got to MAGA!
Cross-Posted on Patriot Action Network