Today’s post is focused on the latest economic news:
- Growth slowed to a barely discernible 0.1 percent annual rate in the first quarter of 2014 according to the the Commerce Department. That’s the weakest pace since the end of 2012 and down from 2.6 percent in the previous quarter.
- According to reliable sources, were it not for increased Federal spending on Obamacare, there would be no growth at all.
- China has apparently overtaken the U.S. as the world’s largest economy.
- The Stock Market closes at an all time high because…well, who the hell knows?
- The government announced it lost $11.5 billion on the GM bailout, so I don’t ever want to hear anyone telling me again that “GM paid back the loan.” Ditto the “successful” Volt.
- The Senate failed to pass the minimum wage bill.
- BO held a press conference to blame the Republicans (who, at last count, doesn’t control the Senate) and told his minions to tweet the dunderheads who voted against his bill to bring equity to the masses: “Tweet at ‘em! Hashtag 1010means.” Whatever that means.
Which brings me to our thought for the day, brought to you by Vereteno, charter MOL and former resident of the USSR, during its glory days:
“We are on correct path comrades”
That is all. Carry on troops.
Cross-Posted on Patriot Action Network