"This has been the most productive post-election period we've had in decades, and it comes on the heels of the most productive two years that we've had in generations."
Barack Obama December 22, 2010
Productive in the transformation of America anyway; reviving the failing economy? Not so much. That was never an integral part of the HOPE and CHANGE package. Butt now that “we are on correct path comrades” (HT: Vereteno) Big Guy is ready to “pivot” in order to fulfill his October, 2008 promise to begin focusing on that “3 letter word,” jobs.
J-O-B-S: emphasis on the BS
Big Guy, as usual, was reticent about his own accomplishments. In focusing on last minute Congressional goodies like DADT and START, he failed to even mention some of his greatest hits:
- His purchase of two bankrupt auto companies for the unions to divvy up
- His historic Stimulus: the largest cash injection down the Keynesian rabbit hole in history (along with the accompanying lowest return on investment in history)
- His historic Obamacare: free healthcare, rationing and death panels for all
- His historic Re-write of Wall Street rules (excepting Fannie and Freddie, who, along with Goldman Saks, are the only financial institutions too big to fail)
- His historic plugging of the the damn hole
And on the 7th day, He rested.
A well earned rest for the most historic president, ever!