Here’s an interesting factoid: as the rich get richer and the poor get poorer the middle class is simply going “pouf.” That’s right, the middle class is disappearing down the rabbit hole that is Obama’s Amerika.
The nation's middle class, long a pillar of the U.S. economy and foundation of the American dream, has shrunk to the point where it no longer constitutes the majority of the adult population, according to a new major study. LA Times
Well how did that happen? Let’s see;
- First you begin by passing new rules and regulations (e.g. ObamaKare and the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act) that put small businesses in a stranglehold forcing them to eliminate jobs and hours.
- Herald the resulting decrease in the labor participation rate (a record 94 million people no longer “participating”) as a triumphantly low unemployment rate when in reality you simply have placed more people on the public dole.
- Let millions of unskilled “undocumented citizen” laborers into the country who will do the work that Americans used to do for “a living wage” for much less money.
- Let millions of skilled foreign workers into the country on H-1B visas who will do the work that Americans used to do for a “a living wage” for much less money.
- Provide social programs designed to serve not as safety nets, butt as European-style social-welfare.
- Pass a Trans-Pacific Partnership that makes NAFTA look like a good deal for America by comparison.
Then sit back and blame the 1% and the Republicans (Bush! Reaganomics!) for not supporting your progressive social justice programs; thereby causing the demise of the middle class.
That, my friends, pretty much sums it up, no?
Cross-Posted on Patriot Action Network