Maybe you’ve never heard of Joe Pags. I hadn’t until I ran across him on Chicks on the Right. This clip is from his show last week; he’s talking to a – theoretically - conservative Christian caller as she attempts to explain why she voted for Big Guy (spoiler: Pags reveals she has no reason). I encourage you to listen to Every. Single. Minute. It may not necessarily make you feel better, butt it sure will help you grasp the extent of the stupidity in America we need to dispel.
(via the awesome Chicks on the Right)
This is from Joe Pags’ column on the same subject:
Let’s face facts. Democrats gained in the House of Representatives, the Senate and the chief Democrat in charge was re-elected after one of the worst four year periods in American history, economically and constitutionally. How does that happen? Republicans/Conservatives (which are not necessarily interchangeable terms — but, we’ll lump them together for the sake of this column) gave voters credit for being smart while Democrats assumed they’re not. Let’s break down what Obama, Pelosi, Reid, the Obama SuperPACs, et. all were saying for a year and a half:
- Republicans are prosecuting a war on women
- Romney only cares about his rich friends and Wall Street
- Romney is responsible for the death of a woman by somehow giving her cancer
- Romney specialized in closing down businesses, laying people off and outsourcing jobs — especially to China
- Romney is a liar. All he does is lie. And, after he lies, he lies about the lies he told.
- Republicans are trying to outlaw contraception
- Republicans are trying to close down Planned Parenthood to stop women from getting cancer screenings
- Republicans want to put all Latinos on buses and send them back to Mexico
- Republicans think rape is okay — and women should just stop talking about it
- Republicans all own stock in oil companies and are forcing gas prices up
- Republicans want to give rich people a tax break and make the poor and Middle Class to make up the difference
- Romney hates half the country (47%)
- Romney will end Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid
Only problem with that list is, not one bit of it is true. Republicans/conservatives assumed everyone hearing this list of Democrat/liberal talking points would know it was completely false. They gave the American people credit for being smart enough to know better. Millions are and do — but, unfortunately, more millions aren’t and don’t. Here’s a list filled with the absolute truth about the last four years:
- Gas prices doubled
- Obama said no to the Keystone XL Pipeline
- Obama sent billions to Brazil to drill there
- Food prices have soared
- Unemployment is higher than the day he took office
- Obama apologized around the world for the United States of America
- His DOJ refused to prosecute voter intimidation by the New Black Panther Party
- Obama promised to cut the debt in half in his first four years — has doubled it
- Obama will now cut military spending
- Obama refuses to answer questions on what happened the night four Americans died in Benghazi
- Obama has used Executive Privilege to continue stonewalling on Fast and Furious
- Obama has bragged about bypassing Congress repeatedly
- Obama has sued states for passing immigration laws
- Obama has sued states for passing Voter ID laws
- Obama and the Dems forced through Obamacare by lying about abortion and raising taxes
- Ran on a platform to raise taxes in his second term
- Obama blew billions on failed energy companies
- Obama has grown government to its biggest size in history
- Obama told Russia he can do more after the election
- Obama Told NASA to include Muslims more
- Obama Flip-flopped on gay marriage
- Obama is forcing religions to offer contraception even if it goes against their beliefs
- Obama is the most vehement supporter of abortion we’ve ever had in the White House
These are all facts. That’s just a short list of what this wannabe dictator has done in four years and Republicans/conservatives know how outrageous this administration has been and made a bad assumption that the American people were smart and would know how horrible these things are and this administration has been. Bad assumptions.
When facts do not matter, we need a plan people. I will be working on one with Dewey and Little Mo in the days ahead. Because we refuse to go gently into that goodnight:
We conservatives, we do not accept bipartisanship in the pursuit of tyranny. Period. We will not negotiate the terms of our economic and political servitude. Period. We will not abandon our child to a dark and bleak future. We will not accept a fate that is alien to the legacy we inherited from every single future generation in this country. We will not accept social engineering by politicians and bureaucrats who treat us like lab rats, rather than self-sufficient human beings. (snip)
We are the alternative. We will resist. We're not going to surrender to this. We will not be passive, we will not be compliant in our demise. We're not good losers, you better believe we're sore losers! A good loser is a loser forever. Now I hear we're called 'purists.' Conservatives are called purists. The very people who keep nominating moderates, now call us purists the way the left calls us purists. Yeah, things like liberty, and property rights, individual sovereignty, and the Constitution, and capitalism. We're purists now. Mark Levin
Remember: we are all Brietbart now.
Oh, and that reminds me: in addition to the real state of the economy, the truth behind Benghazi, the incredible f-up of the government’s response to Hurricane Sandy, and the Iranian attack on our drone, here’s another thing that the media held off on until after the election: criticizing BO for eating dogs in public.
I, for one, think this criticism is long overdue.
Now get out there and enjoy your weekend; just because it won’t roll around again for another seven days is no reason not to make the most of this one. We will dispatch the bullies is due time.
Calvin’s plan for dealing with the bully: