Yes, of course I saw it in the Daily Mail, just like everyone else: 'It’s hell. I can’t stand it!’ Carla Bruni reveals what Michelle Obama REALLY thinks of being First Lady.
Lady M’s spokesperson here at the Big White, Katie McCormick Lelyveld, immediately issued an official denial yesterday morning. Later in the afternoon Gibbsy tweeted out a denial from his official burrow. This was followed shortly by a spokeswoman for Ms. Bruni who said that First Lady Carla Bruni had nothing what-so-ever to do with the new, soon-to-be-released-and-sure-to-be-a-bestseller, book;although it was originally reported that Carla and the Ambitioust had been written in conjunction with Carla Bruni.
So, with all those denials floating around, you can pretty much bank on it being true. But everyone has agreed to pretend it never happened. That’s called circling the wagons in politics, and once again,the supportive MSM came through for us.
Butt just between you and me - since you all know it’s true anyway -I’ll tell you what Lady M really can’t stand about being FLOTUS.
TOP 10 REASONS LADY M THINKS BEING FLOTUS IS A JOB FROM HELL
10. Having to be on TV all the time: everyone knows TV adds
9. Not being able to go to your favorite church for Sunday services anymore.
Lady M, Reverend Wright, and the Sunday call to prayer:
8. You don’t get frequent flyer miles on Air Force Won, or Air Force Too.
7. Not being able to shop at her favorite stores anymore: J.Crew and Target.
Albums of Lady M’s FLOTUS designer duds: actually,# 7 does seem to have some real drawbacks.
6. Having to dine with European aristocracy instead of the gurl-friends who flew all the way to Spain just to spend time with you.
5. You’re confined to a VIP box surrounded by Secret Service at NBA finals, instead of getting to sit on the floor like other A-list celebrities do.
P Diddy and Snoop Dogg, above, Spike Lee and Larry David, below: ALL SEATED ON THE FLOOR!
4. Having to settle for Kobe burgers and truffle fries prepared by Big White Chef when you get a Big Mac Attack, instead of just grabbing a sack full at the drive-thru.
Late night snack sent up by Chef: sliders and fries
3. The complications and sheer inconvenience of going out on date nights.
2. Having to interact with the adoring crowds while on vacation.
Gate at Blue Heron Farm, Martha’s Vineyard
Villa Padierma Hotel; Marbella, Spain. Beaches cordoned off for Lady M and her party:
THE NUMBER 1 THING LADY M HATES ABOUT BEING FLOTUS:
1. Smart-ass, snarky bloggers making fun of her every MOove.
I better go have Raj make sure my firewall is still up and running.